Ep 11. Women in Craft Beer
Women make up the fastest-growing segment of the craft beer industry. In this episode, we extend our series on diversity with a discussion that includes three amazing guests.
Kathy Davis: CEO, Head Brewer @ Abby Of The Holy Goats Brewing
Jessica Miller: Marketing Manager @ Reformation Brewing
Zuri Coleman: Brewer @ Second Self Beer Company
We get their take on Libeeration from Portsmouth Brewing, a beer designed to treat the symptoms of menopause.
Kathy and Jessica recommend a book titled “Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers: The Secrets of Ancient Fermentation.”
We also get fairly serious and discussions around common misconceptions regarding women and alcohol, the craft beer enviornment and staffing women in breweries.
This one runs a little long with so much a great conversation. Stick with it, to learn about the Pink Boots Society, Girls Pint Out and G.A.L.S., and The Georgia Ale & Lager Sirens near the end.
[A correction: Zuri referenced a Monday Night Brewing brewer by name incorrectly. Her name is actually Sarah Green.]
In this episode we sip on:
- Abbey Of The Holy Goats: The Goats Ascension
- Evil Twin/Westbrook: Imperial Mexican Biscotti Cake Break
- Jeckyll Brewing: 4Hundy
- Reformation Brewing: Cadence
- Reformation Brewing: Oren
- Second Self Brewing: A•T•ALE
- Monday Night Brewing: Han Brolo
- High Wire Brewing: Fruit Punch
- Creature Comforts: Crescendo
- Bearded Iris: Attention Please
Find us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook @thelastbeershow